I have finished painting three tactical squads and there three rhinos. I have worked on the basing, adding some crushed walnut shell for a rubble like effect. I am really happy with how these guys turned out.
The only thing I am not happy with is the decals. I have never used them before. Sometimes I get a wrinkle that I can’t get out. Other times the layer of matte varnish doesn’t seem to dry right and I can see a boarder around the decal. Sometimes everything works fine. I think it is just going to take more practice
After finishing the tactical squads were done, I stared in on the dreadnought. I have a magnetized iron hands contemptor that was begging me to paint it. I already had him assembled and primed. I managed to finish this guy in a single day. Once again, I am happy with the results. I even managed to hack up a decal so I could put his name on him “Ira”.
I really love this model. It is super easy to pose this guy anyway you want. I went with him walking over a wrecked ork vehicle. I tried to weather him. Generally I want my army to feel a little grimy and dust coated.
That’s all I have finished so far. I will probably do the dreadnoughts drop pod next. I am running the dread as a venerable dread since I don’t have a lucious pattern drop pod. Hence I can’t run him as a contemptor.
Let me know what you guys think. I am having a good time chugging through these marines and I always love feedback.